Opening TimesMon-Fri 07:00-17:00 Sat 08:00-12:00
Quick OrderFor your regular items
Click & CollectTimed collection slots
Delivery InformationLocal and National Deliveries
Covid-19Read our latest update
Posted by: Rex Nye
As December approaches, we all want our home to be at its most warm and welcoming. Whether you’re hosting the relatives this Christmas time or throwing a festive party for the neighbours, you’ll want to show off your home at its very best. So before you put up the fairy lights and decorate the tree, take some time to tackle those niggly jobs you’ve been putting off.
• Spruce up walls: Nothing shows up yellowing or cracked walls like twinkling fairy lights. The latest products mean DIY plastering is a simple, inexpensive solution, while a lick of paint will brighten up rooms in an instant and give your home that new-build look.
• Check your plumbing: The last thing you want is for your guests to be shivering in a room with broken radiators, or to be dealing with a blocked-up sink on Christmas morning. Make sure you give radiators a good clean, bleeding out excess air to keep them working at their optimum level. Use a drain cleaner to deal with potential blockages and clear sinks of any debris.
• Get gutters glowing: Many of us like to hang lights outside to give our homes a really festive feel. Before you do, check gutters are cleaned and in good repair. Replace missing or broken brackets and clear out dead leaves and berries to prevent rain water overflow.
• Keep it cosy: Combat cold draughts and chilly rooms with insulation around windows and doors. Cavity insulation and loft insulation will keep your home warm and snug, and save on heating bills too. At D.W. Nye we have a great selection of the latest insulation products.
• Deal with doors: A beautiful wreath can be the perfect finishing touch to a festive Christmas home. But broken door knockers and tarnished handles make a home look tired and run down. Replacing broken handles needn’t break the bank and there are plenty of specialist cleaning products available to shine up dull ironmongery.
If you’re carrying out those last minute home improvements before the festive period, come and visit us at D.W. Nye. We have a huge six-acre depot with thousands of products on display to suit all your needs. As well as great value paints and primers, we stock plumbing equipment and roofing supplies along with garden fencing and decking.
We’re easy to find on the A24, north of Horsham. Our expert team of friendly staff will be waiting to offer you a warm welcome. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Knauf Insulation Omnifit Roll 40, 100mm, 8.16m2 Roll
Local DeliveryDelivery by our own vehicles around Surrey and Sussex. Please see Delivery Information for details.
Nationwide DeliveryDelivery by national courier service. Please see Delivery Information for details.
Collection from StoreCollection from our depot near Horsham RH12 3SD. Please see Delivery Information for details.
50mm Mannok Cavity Insulation Board 1200mm x 50mm x 450mm 4.86m2 Pack
Knauf Insulation Loft Roll 44, 100mm, 13.89m2 Roll
YBS ThermaQuilt Foil Insulation 1200mm x 32mm x 10 Metre Roll
Out Of Stock
Rockwool 100mm Thermal Insulation Roll - 100 x 2750 x 1200mm (6.60m2 per pack)
Rockwool 100mm Thermal Cavity Slab 100 x 455 x 1200mm - 6 Slabs per pack - 3.28m2 per pack
YBS SuperQuilt Foil Insulation 1200mm x 40mm x 10 Metre Roll
Smart Insulation Buster - 100mm Insulation Blade